Is It Ok To Feed Cats Only Dry Food
When given a choice many cats seem to prefer a mixture of both wet and dry foods compared to dry or wet only.
Is it ok to feed cats only dry food. Answer 1 of 19. Extra moisture promotes kidney bladder andurinary tract health for your cats. Cats can live off dry cat food only.
In fact during pregnancy and nursing it is advised to feed the higher calorie higher fat food to expectant and nursing mothers. Dry food is actually really really really good for them and what foods only benefit is the water. Wont eat it and only wants dry cat food.
According to John WS. Some cats are perfectly content with dry food left as free-choice feeding which is where you leave a bowl of food out for your cat to nibble on throughout the day. This better simulates what cats would eat in the wild as small prey also contain more moisture than dry foods.
Naturally wet food contains a lot more water content than dry food. Wet from time to time is great it can really help keep some medical issues at bay. The Wet Cat Food Versus Dry Cat Food Debate.
Mix ever increasing small amounts of canned food in with the dry food. If your cat is healthy pick a high-quality food wet or dry that your cat finds palatable and that works for you. Feed it in meals not an all-you-can-eat megabowl.
To summarize cats are carnivores so they dont actually need carbohydrates. My cats are the same breed sired by the same father and have been inseparable since birth but they could not be more different in their preference for food. What to Feed Your Cat.
- Whats The Best Way To Feed A Cat
- What To Do If My Cat Has Diarrhea And Vomiting
- Why Do Cats Vomit After Eating Wet Food
- Why Do Stray Cats Meow At Night
- What To Feed A Cat After Throwing Up
- Where Do Stray Cats Sleep
- What Time Of Day Are Cats Most Active
- Why Do Cats Like Sleeping On You
- Why Do Cats Act Weird At Night
- When Should You Switch From Kitten Food To Cat Food
- What Vegetables Can Cats Not Eat
- Why Is My Elderly Cat Always Hungry
- Why Is My Cat Coughing Occasionally
- Why Will My Cat Only Eat Wet Food
- Why Does My Cat Eat Grass Outside
- When Can Cats Eat Dry Food After Tooth Extraction
- When To Feed A Cat Wet Food
- Why Do Stray Cats Fight
- What Is A Bland Diet For A Cat
- What Should Older Cats Eat