Cat Not Eating Or Drinking After Anesthesia
If you feel like your cat shouldve started eating or drinking by now its fine to call your vet.
Cat not eating or drinking after anesthesia. Since she got home a few days ago shes been drinking but not eating. I thought she may have contracted an infection because her breathing was troublesome so I took her to the vet yesterday. Cats over 16 weeks of age should not eat or drink overnight if they have morning procedures.
It is not normal for your cat to be vomiting after their surgical procedure. Sometimes our pets dont return to their old selves right away. Recently we took her to the vet to get her teeth cleaned.
Seeming lethargic and depressed. O Offer smelly foods that contain fish such as tuna or canned cat foods o Try Gerber strained meats for babies such as the chicken beef turkey or veal. We got her back at 4 PM.
After that she went to sleep standing in sphinx position but her front legs had an abnormal position as if she could not hold them straight. Hours later after eating and drinking water she tried to go to the sandbox and could not stand there she was stumping so I supported her while she was urinating and then poo. She had to undergo anesthesia for the procedure so I did not feed her after midnight and she was hungry by the early morning when we had to bring her in.
Post-operative effects of anesthesia. This is to reduce risks of vomiting up stomach contents and potentially breathing some of it in while under anesthetic. Your cat may have an upset stomach from the anesthesia and may not want to eat until the day after surgery.
Ive never seen a cat NOT EAT before. Watch your cat closely to monitor eating and drinking habits. I think you probably answered your own question.
- Can You Feed A Cat Tuna Everyday
- Can I Leave Wet Cat Food Out Overnight Reddit
- Do Cats Like Their Food Cold Or Warm
- Can I Put Flea Treatment On A Nursing Cat
- Do Cats Prefer Cold Or Warm Food
- Can You Feed Cats A Raw Diet
- Can I Mix Wet And Dry Food For Cat
- Feeding Cat Mix Of Wet And Dry Food
- Can Wet Cat Food Be Left Out Overnight
- Do Cats Eat Less During Hot Weather
- Do Cats Sleep At Night
- Does Cat Need Wet Food
- Can You Feed Cats Dry And Wet Food
- Do Cats Sleep In Bed With You
- Do Cats Not Eat When Stressed
- Does My Cat Need Wet Food
- Can I Give My Cat Smoked Salmon
- Can T Get Cat To Take Liquid Medicine
- Can You Keep A Cat In A Kennel At Night
- Do Cats Like To Eat Grass